On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 18:23:18 +0100
Dennis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a former kde user, using Windowmaker now....
>
> And in the past i always used  RUN in kde, to startup my favourite irc
> client...
>
> RUN had several options to execute programs under a different user etc,
> which comes in handy when using IRC...

if that run thing was a command that can be done then it can still be used under
windowmaker...

> But now i need to use SU i think to accomplish this, but it doesnt work :(

wierd it works here...
su <username> -c <command>

example...
su kitsune -c scilab
this will su user kitsune and then run scilab

> Does anyone know which command i can use to execute an X program under a
> different user?

this will work too...
ssh 127.0.0.1 -X -l <username>
the -X turns on X forwarding