On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 08:30:18 +0800, EdwardKing <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I use mailx command,such as Tom to Kate,I like following command:
> $mail Kate
> Subject:Hello
> Hello world
> (press Ctrl+D)
> EOT
>
> Then I use user Kate to login,and check mail,
> $mail
> No mail for Kate
>
> Why I can't receive letter? where is wrong?

mailx depends on a correctly configured `mail transfer agent', and it
expects the *login* name of a user, not their real name.

  * Do you have a local user whose login name is `Kate'?

  * Did you do anything to enable Sendmail (the default mail transfer
    agent)?

  * What does the `/var/log/maillog' file contain?