[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
As far as I know, pkg_add will only fetch dependencies recursively
from the Internet when used with -r but it will then ignore
PKG_PATH.  Seems what you are asking cannot be done this way ...
I wonder if portinstall -P (or even -PP) might do what the OP
wants?
You are correct, according to the man page, portinstall -PP would
be his best bet.

Except that portinstall is part of portupgrade, which has its own
boatload of dependencies.  Is there any way to do this with, say,
portmaster?

Not yet. :)

Doug