On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 08:29:59PM -0500, synrat wrote:

> I figured out how to load the module for my sound card (ac97)
> but I can't get it to load on start up. When I add the line
> snd_via8233_enable="YES" to /etc/rc.conf it still doesn't load it on
> the start up. How do I do that ?

You would add the following line to /boot/loader.conf:

snd_via8233_load="yes"

> How would I compile that into my kernel?

device  pcm

> I thought it would be built when I added pcm to my custom config, but
> it wasn't.  I had to build it manually in modules/sounds directory.

You want to decide whether you want sound support compiled into the
kernel or use a kernel module.  I am not sure what happens if you try
to load the kernel module when the kernel already provides it.

--
Glenn Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]