On Mon, Jul 14, 2008, Agus wrote:
>Hi guys,
>
>All i wanna do this time is change the mail from: header to another
>address...As my system is named after an internal network name and doesnt
>resolv from outside my LAN..when i send an email, for instance when a user
>registers, they received it with the systems internal address and they cant
>reply it cause of course it will get bounced....So i wanna change the from
>header to an address where i have a mail redirection account....I know how
>to do it from telnet for instance..its simple..but as i send emails from a
>script using the mail program..
>
>I basically do cat welcome_msg|mail -s "Welcome..." [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>So i was wondering if there is a way to send this automated emails changing
>the header from:
>Perhaps theres another program or way...Im open to suggestions...

Mutt allows one to specify any headers you like, even being able
to tailor them to the recipient.

One could also contruct your own headers, and feed it through
sendmail:

cat << DONE
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: anything you like

There is a blank line separating this message body from the
headers above.

Bill
DONE || /usr/lib/sendmail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Substitute the appropriate path for sendmail if necessary.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

Government spending?  I don't know what it's all about.  I don't know
any more about this thing than an economist does, and, God knows, he
doesn't know much.  -- Will Rogers