Hi Jack,

Java needs all the X11 bits for the swing and awt part of it. I dont know if there is
a way to actually seperate the textual and graphic bits of java.

Thus, as far as I know, no, you cannot install java without the X11 bits.

Regards,
Neeraj

>>> Jack Baty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 02/16/03 04:36PM >>>
Just curious if there's a way to install Java on a server without also
installing all of the x11 stuff.

I'm trying it from /usr/ports/java/jdk13 and can't find a way to not include
the x11 bits.

--
Jack Baty
Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com/

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
                            -e.e. cummings