> Hello,
>
> I am just wondering if for the software like Apache the log size matters
> at all. I rotate httpd logs monthly and each domain has its own log. One
> is over 145 MB in size. Just curious if I can keep it like that or
> should rotate more often? I have enough space on HD so the log's size is
> of no concern for me. I guess I am just asking for best practices
> advice... Thanks!

There are potential performance issues.  I believe that appending to a
file becomes more expensive when a file gets very large (which is
obviously the scenario with log files)

Also, at rotation time, if you're compressing those logs it can be
a pretty big load to compress 145M.  If you're not compressing and
not moving the files to another partition when you rotate them, then
this part probably isn't an issue.

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com