Jack L. Stone wrote:
Pardon me if this is OT, but it is probably an easy question for many on
this list.

The problem:
Host on my Internal network sends out formmail replies as FROM
"www.thehost.com"

QUESTION:
How can I make it show the replies as being from the sender -- my web forms
provide for picking up the "From" field.

If I test this on my gateway/router machine, it inserts the right FROM info
as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" instead of the "www".
You want formmail-generated mail to go out as <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>?
Add:

MASQUERADE_AS(`somewhere.net')dnl

...to your sendmail.mc (perhaps /etc/mail/freebsd.mc). Other options, like masquerade_envelope, might also be required, but that's the place to start....

-Chuck

-Chuck