On Friday 01 January 1999 02:54 am, Christian Johansson wrote:
> I'm completely new to freebsd and tried to get my Soundblaster Live to work
> I sure tried to take away stuff that I know I didn't have,, but when I make
> the kernel I got the following error:
>
> linking kernel
> umass.o: In function `umass_cam_attach_sim':
> umass.o(.text+0x1851): undefined reference to `cam_simq_alloc'
> umass.o(.text+0x189c): undefined reference to `cam_sim_alloc'
> *** Error code 1

Jens is correct if not terribly polite.  Configuring a kernel you have to be
fairly careful.  Read up on the handbook chapter on the kernel config
www.freebsd.org/handbook
and the config file itself closely.  If you're on 4.x series an attempt at
reading LINT can be educational if not critical.

your question is also a FAQ, so try reading that too when you have a question.

Welcome, and have fun, experimenting and making mistakes is a great way to
learn, just make sure to read some docs too :)

Tim