Paul Schmehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...]

> Compiling from source rather than ports gains you nothing, in most cases,
> and can cost you a great deal of extra time if you run into problems. Time
> is something most admins I know have precious little of already.

Relax.  Google "joke" and "jest".  But let's be clear.  You *are* compiling
from source when you *build* from ports.  You just have some
guidance via the ports infrastructure. :)  YMMV.  TMTOWDI.  There are
exceptions.  Et cetera.  No need to justify your methods to the list; just do
what works for you.

[...]

--
Sahil Tandon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>