OK - further developments! Got to the first reboot stage after running "sh
freebsd-update.sh -f freebsd-update.conf install"

First point to note: If you don't want a sudden panic attack, remember to
remove the non-bootable floppy disk from the drive.

Other than that, all has gone to plan and is working fine, other than named
which is failing - at a guess because I ended up with the original file
rather than the new file. Can anyone point me to where I can get me grubby
l'il mits on a clean named.conf from 7.0-RELEASE?

Marc A Coyles
ICT Support Team (ext 730)
Mbl: 07850 518106