  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ (107) kgdb /boot/kernel/kernel /dev/mem
  [...]
  (kgdb) bt
  #0  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
  Error accessing memory address 0x0: Bad address.

Even less luck with procstat:

  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ (108) locate procstat
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ (109) procstat
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ (110) man procstat
  No manual entry for procstat

I'm sorry, but you'll need to be more specific. What should I type? Thanks,

Assuming you're using 7.0 or an older 7-STABLE: procstat(1) appeared after 7.0 was released, but should be there if you slide forward on 7-STABLE. You can use "procstat -k pid" to see kernel stack traces for kernel threads working on behalf of the process. Depending on the level of detail you require, you can use -kk to also list function offsets inside the kernel, but the results are a bit harder to read.

Robert N M Watson
Computer Laboratory
University of Cambridge