Thanks Roland

I have much to learn.

Regards

Robby

Roland Smith wrote:
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 03:53:08PM +0200, Robby Balona wrote:
Hi Guys

I have been tring to port firefox3 on freebsd 7 for a week now. I keep coming up against this error

Why are you trying to port it? It is allready in ports: www/firefox3
gmake:***[libgiofam.la] Error 1

I have done a portsnap update already.

Using portsnap is not enough; it just updates the ports tree. You also
need to update your installed ports.

Please dont flame me for not looking on google for the error as I have
not really worried about it until now, when I need firefox.

You need to update your installed ports. You're missing gio-fam-backend,
which is now needed by the gtk+ toolkit which is needed for firefox.

Use portmaster or portupgrade to upgrade all you installed ports.

Roland