Agus wrote:
Hi guys,

Yesterday while updating my ports...I don't use all-ports, i instead choose
the ones i use from the ports-supfile, i realized that when i wanted to
install portaudit and some other ports management utils, they weren't
anymore on sysutils...i looked at MOVED and swa that they are now in
ports-mgmt....But i dont have that dir...so i was wondering how can i update
this changes on ports tree without using ports-all....

Simple, you could add ports-mgmt to your ports-supfile

Is there a way to update de ports-supfile o r something to update and bring
the entire ports-mgmt for instance to my ports colection?
i assume using cvsup directly i can checkout..but i wanted to check it woith
you first..and how can i do this...

Thanks in advance,
Agus

Another good advice for everyone not wanting to get the entire ports tree, is to use refuse files. Instead of enabling specific parts of the ports tree in the supfile, a refuse file will allow you to just deny getting specific ports. For example, say you don't want to get any of the language specific ports (arabic, french, japanese...), you put those in the refuse file.

See an example in /usr/share/examples/cvsup/refuse and read about its use in man csup