If I start with Subject line with the word "secure" using my work's email
system, the email is sent to a secure, web based application where the
recipients can view the message securely.  The recipients receive a message
that a secure email message is waiting for them there.  They have to create
an account based upon their email address to view the message.  They do not
have to recreate the accounts for future messages.

This system is easy to use; and we don't have to worry about whether the
recipients have PGP or GPG.  Is there an open source application that does
this?

Thanks,

Andrew