I've configured my Apache process to send the ErrorLog to the
syslog:local5 facility.

In my syslog.conf file, I have:

!httpd
*.*                                             /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

to catch these log messages. This works great, but these messages are
also going into my /var/log/messages which has:

*.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err
/var/log/messag
es

Apache sends to local5.notice. I have tried add local5.none to this
line which according to the man page is suppose to disable all local5
messages, but they still come through. Is there something I'm missing
here?

Thanks,

Patrick