On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 16:41:24 -0700, Tim Traver <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
>> Set the `SMART_HOST' option in your `custom-sendmail.mc' file.  That
>> should do it.
>
> I tried that, and regenerated the cf files using "make all", and it
> still wants to use the MX record of the based domain to send out mail
> and I can't figure out why.
>
> The maillog entries show that it initially tries to use [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> as a relay, which doesn't make sense...
>
> I'm baffled by its behavior at this point, and don't know how to solve
> it...

The default `freebsd.mc' that is distributed with the base system of
FreeBSD is already properly set up to do what you described.  I use a
heavily customized version of `freebsd.mc', but most of my local changes
are not necessary for using a SMART_HOST.

Can you show me your `hostname.mc' and `*submit.mc' files?

- Giorgos