I'm now wondering why CPUTYPE=core2 is supposed to work in -current.

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-CPUTYPE-p10783746.html

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-CPUTYPE-p10787174.html

http://www.nabble.com/Re%3A-GSoC2007%3A-cnst-sensors.2007-08-20.patch-p12334133.html

I'm particular interested in Penryn instructions support.