> Perhaps this will help you out with the situation; this is from a
> 0x266e8086. This is a fix for someone with FreeBSD-6.2; even though the
> person suggests to grab the compiled modules, he also has the sources
> there. This person had the same issues with volume, and this fixed the
> problem. I hope this helps.
>
> -nawcom
>
> " <email removed>:30:2:    class=0x040100 card=0x099c103c chip=0x266e8086
>  rev=0x03 hdr=0x00
>      vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
>      device   = '82801FB/FR/FW/FRW AC '97 Audio Controller'
>      class    = multimedia
>      subclass = audio
>
> Ok. Lets make it quick and simple. Grab both (I repeat: BOTH) sound.ko
> and snd_ich.ko from http://people.freebsd.org/~ariff/test/ .
>
> Let me guess. mixer "phout" and "ogain" control both \
> headphone and
> speaker separately, while mixer "vol" seems useless. Prove me wrong.
>

> --
> Ariff Abdullah
> FreeBSD

I did that and I got a kernel panic. With the following on the console:

KLD file sound.ko - could not finalize loading

cpuid = 0; apic id = 00
fault virtual address           = 0xf00de2cf
fault code                      = supervisor write, page not present
instruction pointer             = 0x20:0xc0741063
stack pointer                   = 0x28:0xc1020d20
frame pointer                   = 0x28:0xc1020d6c
code segment                    = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x13
                                = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags                = interrupt enabled, resume, 10PL = 0
current process                 = 0 ()
trap number                     = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0