Hello Kenneth,

I think you need to run xorgconfig and set the appropriate keyboard when creating xorg.conf.

For fluxbox there is however a file called "keys" in the .fluxbox directory if there is any special character you would want mapped

(For FreeBSD you set it with sysinstall but that is not the issue here)

/Roger

kenneth hatteland skrev:
I have read all I can google and the handbook trying to make my norwegian special keys working along with @ amongst others. so something is wrong with my locales.
I have been given many things to try but no luck whatsoever.

this is my.login.conf
:charset=ISO-8859-1:\
:lang=nb_NO.ISO8859-1:

this is .bashrc
export LANG="nb_NO.ISO-8859-1"
export LC_ALL="nb.NO.ISO-8859-1"

anyone who` s got something else for me to try is very apprecheated :)

Kenneth