-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of John Almberg
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 10:17 PM
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Controlling read access

I operate a server on which I am typically the only ssh user, but I
do provide a small number of users ftp access.

Each user has their own home directory. Currently all home
directories have read permission set for 'other'. This means if I log
in as one user, I can read and even download the contents of other
users home directories.

I want to block this read access. What is the best way to do this?
Turn off the read bit for 'other'? Or is there some better way?

Thanks: John

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message (including any
attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by
mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this
message and any attachments from your system. Any form of dissemination, use,
review, distribution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part
is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. STARCOMMS PLC shall not be
liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained
in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. STARCOMMS PLC does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained or that this communication is free of
viruses, interceptions or interferences. STARCOMMS PLC reserves the right to
monitor all e-mail communications, whether related to the business of STARCOMMS
or not, through its internal or external networks.