----Original Message-----
From: John Almberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 10:55 PM
To: Catalin Miclaus
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: Controlling read access

On Jul 31, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Catalin Miclaus wrote:

> Hello John,
>
> If you are providing only FTP services for those users, perhaps you
> want
> to go for an FTP server that handles virtual users.
> I'm using pure-ftpd and it works great.
> Google will help you find some nice howto's for same.

Hi Catalin... I installed pure--ftpd with TLS/SSL support and am
having some problems with it...

1. VERY slow to list files the first time. I thought this was a DNS
problem, so tried the -H flag, but no joy. Still slow.

2. When I try to connect with TLS/SSL, I get a connection, but the
file list takes so long that the connection times out.

Any ideas? I Googled for this problem, but the only hint I came up
with was the -H flag...

Thanks: John

Hello John,

There are some things that you can try.

What if you connect from localhost and transfer files, is it still very
slow?
Try to disable TLS/SSL and see if this improve performance.
Increase debug level and check the log for any errors.

Best Regards
Catalin Miclaus
Network/Security ISP-Data
Starcomms Ltd.

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this message (including any
attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. If you have received it by
mistake please notify the sender by return e-mail and permanently delete this
message and any attachments from your system. Any form of dissemination, use,
review, distribution, printing or copying of this message in whole or in part
is strictly prohibited if you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change. STARCOMMS PLC shall not be
liable for the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained
in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your
system. STARCOMMS PLC does not guarantee that the integrity of this
communication has been maintained or that this communication is free of
viruses, interceptions or interferences. STARCOMMS PLC reserves the right to
monitor all e-mail communications, whether related to the business of STARCOMMS
or not, through its internal or external networks.