Paul Procacci wrote:
Michael Christie wrote:
Hi all ,

I want to cluster some freeBSD servers, The purpose of this is to learn. I would like to run some basic services like www and mail on a test network. I would like to set up the servers so if one server falls over the other will take over the services automatically, load balanceing would be good as well. I have googled, I could be looking in the wrong place , there seems not to be much in regard to seting up freebsd in a cluster, lots on linux. I have looked at the High Availability Linux project , I see on the front page that it will run on freebsd.

So I am a bit lost and i am wanting to learn how to cluster freebsd web and mail servers, I have looked at Beowulf clusters, which seem to give computers more grunt, Can some on on the list please advise me on what clustering softwhere i need to get started and if the High Availability Linux project softwhere will do the job.

web links any thing to help me get started would be good. No I do not want to change over to linux.

Thanks

I've used freevrrpd (/usr/ports/net/freevrrpd) for some clients with success. Additionally doing some googling revealed "SG Cluster" (http://www.freebsd.org.hk/html/sgcluster/) though I'm not sure how active this is and/or really if it's what your looking for.

~Paul
Also see "man carp"

--
Chris St Denis