Maxim Khitrov wrote:
On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:03 PM, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Maxim Khitrov wrote:

I take it that this happens because libmat.so is a linux binary, but
is there any way to do what I'm after?
You can't mix and match Linux and FreeBSD code in the same binary.  You will
have to make a completely Linux binary, either by compiling on a Linux
system, or by installing a Linux toolchain into a chroot and building there.

Kris

I thought so. In that case, if I need to have this library loaded by
mod_ruby, and mod_ruby loaded by apache, I take it that I will have to
recompile all of these as linux binaries if I want to interface with
matlab? I guess I should have thought about this first. :-\

If you have to run them all in the same process, then yes. Depending on what you are trying to achieve you may be able to use another form of IPC to interface them (e.g. socket, shared memory, etc).

Kris