the "Questions about healthd and mprime" thread lead me to try recompile and install a freebsd 7.0 kernel with "device coretemp"

on reboot i thought i would find a sysctl variable "dev.cpu.%d.temperature" but i don't. i don't even see anything in dmesg about "coretemp"

that is, exept for when i added "coretemp_load="YES"" to loader.conf (as per the coretemp manpage) and then i got this in dmesg:

  module_register: module cpu/coretemp already exists!
  Module cpu/coretemp failed to register: 17

has anyone had success using this? i wonder if there is a dependency i'm not building into my kernel. . . this system has dual xeons.

ben