Chuck Swiger ha scritto:

The simplest answer is that it won't work-- the syscall interface and function argument/return-value sizes are going to be different between 32-bit and 64-bit code.

I was quite sure of this :-(

[1]: You can look up how thunking between Win16 and Win32 code worked here:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thunk#Thunk_as_compatibility_mapping

> ...but the same idea could be applied to generic 32-bit & 64-bit ELF code.

This is just what I was wondering about, whether it extisted or not.

(It's really an evil thing to try to do, however.)

Yes, I know.
In my case, unfortunately, all I have is a 32-bit object, as closed source as it could be and I don't think we have any hope in getting the vendor to provide a 64-bit version (although they do for Linux).

 bye & Thanks
        av.