Hi--

On Aug 8, 2008, at 8:02 AM, Andrew Falanga wrote:
Hi,

If I had hair I'd be pulling it out now.  I cannot find adequate help
anywhere as yet for this issue.  I've installed the ISC dhcpd program
from ports and am struggling to get it setup properly.  As I mentioned
in my other e-mail, I cannot share the contents of my configuration
file.  I'm sorry, I really wished I could.  What I have is this
(censored for host names and IP addresses):

not authoritative;

If you are in charge of the subnet range that you are using, then you should be setting yours to authoritative. If there is already a DHCP server running as authoritative for the local subnet, you should configure your static IPs on it, rather than trying to set up a second one. You could probably gain more information by running:

  tcpdump -s 0 -vv port bootps

...and look at whether the MAC addrs match what you think they should be in the request, and whether your server or another is replying with DHCPNAK. There is fine documentation and even a mailing list for the ISC DHCPD available here and at <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

  http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/dhcp/authoritative.php
  http://www.isc.org/sw/dhcp/dhcpv3-README.php#support

Regards,
--