On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:24:36AM +0200, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2003-02-17 16:11, Tillman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have a build host that exports /usr/src, /usr/obj and /usr/ports. As
> > long as I don't 'd'elete the temporary config files when using
> > mergemaster, is it safe to use mergemaster on multiple machines? My main
> > concern would be the state of the temporary config files changing
> > between mergemaster runs.
>
> Mmmmm, you should probably delete the /var/tmp/temproot anyway, just
> in case 'make distribute' in /usr/src/etc happens to install different
> files depending on the machine cpu/architecture/build/etc.

So 'make DESTDIR=/var/tmp/temproot distrib-dirs distribution' in
/usr/src/etc should regenerate /var/tmp/temproot? Any pointers to where
I can find more information on the temproot aspects of
mergemaster/installworld? Or is Handbook 21.4.10.2 basically it?

TIA,

-T

--
Page 491: If you want to master emacs, it helps to believe in
reincarnation, because there is no way you are going to learn it all in