Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 14:09 +0100, Vincent Hoffman wrote:
Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
I have screwed up my upgrade from 6.2 to 7.0 following the doc at...

http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2007-11-11-freebsd-major-version-upgrade.html

I ran the install a second time and it completed before the next to the
last step including 'portupgrade -af' was completed. I went back and ran
the next to the last step, but still, all my packages complain of
missing shared libraries. Is there any way to get everything rebuilt,
saving me a complete reinstall? Fortunately, I am doing this on a test
box.

Try installing misc/compat6x as a stopgap?

Sweet! Thank you very much, all services started. Now, how do I proceed
with my upgrade to 7.0? Do I just rebuild all now and it will update to
the 7.0 libraries and then how to undo COMPAT_FREEBSD6?

As you upgrade the ports they will link against the new verson of the libraries, once you're certain you dont need them any more you can just pkg_delete the compat6x package. You can use something like pkg_libchk from the sysutils/bsdadminscripts to look check whats still compiled againt the compat libs.

Vince