>> Extracted sources: sbase, srelease, ssys
>
>You also need scontrib (ACPI sources are there) component and maybe
>some others for successful build.
>btw, this is not a very usual (and a simple) way to make kernel.

I added "device acpi" to the kernel configuration file. And it made the error
go away. I'm downloading scontrib.* now.

But now it complains on:
ln -sf /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC/opt_ses.h opt_ses.h
awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/kern/device_if.m -h
awk -f @/tools/makeobjops.awk @/kern/bus_if.m -h
awk -f @/tools/vnode_if.awk @/kern/vnode_if.src -p
awk -f @/tools/vnode_if.awk @/kern/vnode_if.src -q
awk -f @/tools/vnode_if.awk @/kern/vnode_if.src -h
make: don't know how to make cam.c. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
Exit 1
Exit 1

In previous releases. It was possible to make at leas the generic kernel
compile out of the box.