Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:
An alternative to the inserted text in all http traffic (and
probably easier to implement) is just to divert all unknown traffic
to an internal ip-adress (using the firewall), and setup a web page
on that address. Then have people click some button, which will
rewrite the fw rules for that specific machine (white list).

I set something similar on my roommate's wireless network, and routinely use it on another server to inform banned users that they are. It's easy to set up for either a whitelist or a blacklist. It utilizes FreeBSD's IPFW, but is trivial to implement in PF as well.

http://wiki.cyberleo.net/index.php/FirewallRedirect

--
Fuzzy love,
-CyberLeo