Dear FreeBSD moderators,

First, awesome O/S people!  I thank all of you wholeheartedly. The question
is "that" little mouse program or daemonlet that allows you
to "block",  "cut and paste" from the command line/console TO  X-window <or>
Gnome session windows is causing my generic style, p/s 2 mouse not to work
properly when I start up X.

I was flying thru your sysinstall program in the wee hours of the morning
or daemonlet that I said "yes" to at a dialogue window.   So, who's the
program and where does he live?  I'd like to turn it off. It is starting up
in one of your run-levels somewhere.

**whatever it is, it creates a ghostlike "mouse cursor" to show up even when
you are working in command line/console mode.

** more remotely, I noticed your device probe calling my generic PS 2 mouse
a "glidepoint" on the second psm0:line?? it reads as follows:

psm0: <p/s 2 MOuse> irq 12 on atkbdc0 (thats right)
psm0: model Glidepoint mouse, device ID 0 (what in tarnation is that??)

hey, if you guys hook me up, I will treat you to a few "pints" of New
Belgium whenever you are in the Albuquerque area.  I promise.

FreeBSD nube,

Dru