My understanding is that its nothing to worry about.

http://freebsd.monkey.org/freebsd-stable/200609/msg00020.html
for example, where [EMAIL PROTECTED] who wrote gjounal says
"It happens sometimes under load, haven't investigated yet what exactly
is happening, but you can ignore it for now, it's harmless, it just
means journal switch will be done a bit later."

Vince

David N wrote:
Hi,

On my FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE amd64 i get the following in my logs when I
was upgrading my ports via portmaster.

fsync: giving up on dirty
0xffffff00014745d0: tag devfs, type VCHR
    usecount 1, writecount 0, refcount 173 mountedhere 0xffffff00013b2800
    flags ()
    v_object 0xffffff000143f1a0 ref 0 pages 2057
     lock type devfs: EXCL (count 1) by thread 0xffffff0001302340 (pid 39)
        dev mirror/gm0s3.journal
GEOM_JOURNAL: Cannot suspend file system /usr (error=35).

gm0s3.journal has a 2GB journal. Journal and data is on the same disk (mirror)

Is this something to worry about?

Smart for the disks aren't reporting any errors. this is with short
tests and extended tests.

Regards
David N