At 10:21 AM 8/14/2008, Mauro Ribeiro - Class Consultoria e Assessoria wrote:
Hi All,

I had migrated a Windows 2003 Server to a Samba Server (only for file share)

We share only the company system. That's a 3mb Delphi .exe and a 1,5mb
libmysql.dll.

BTW, the system loads 4 .jpg files from the server.

On our old Windows Server the system was very fast on Samba is damn slow.
About 2 mins to load.

I have no clue on what to do.

Server Specs: Pentium 4 3.0Ghz 1GB RAM, FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE and Samba
3.0.28a.

Here's is my smb.conf

[global]

   workgroup = CLASS

   server string = Class Data Server

   security = share

   hosts allow = 192.168.0.

   load printers = yes

   printing = cups

   log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

   max log size = 150

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

   interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24

   dns proxy = no

   veto oplock files = /*.exe/*.dll/*.jpg/*.pdf/*.gif/

   oplock break wait time = 1

   debug level = 10

[Class]

        Comment = Class