James Harrison wrote:
gahn wrote:
Hello:

Could anyone recommend a desktop wireless card for freebsd 6.2? Just moved in new place and only wireless in the house.

Thanks in advance

I use whatever was the cheapest linksys wireless G card I could find; plugs in to PCI slot and works wonderfully.
I'm not certain that everything Linksys puts out has FreeBSD-supported hardware inside. I have a bunch of TRENDnet TEW-443PI and Netgear WG311T cards that work well. They use the ath(4) driver.

As a general statement, I'm pretty sure that anything with an Atheros chip inside (a fact often advertised on boxes of the products) that doesn't support any incarnation of 802.11n will work with said driver. http://atheros.rapla.net/ has more details.

-Boris