Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Is there an expected date when the latest version of bind9 (that fixes
the recently discussed DNS vulnerability) will be merged into the 6.3-STABLE tree. I patch and update fairly regularly and
bind -v gives me: BIND 9.3.5-P1   I believe the patched version
is something like 9.5.0-P?...

If you read http://www.isc.org/ you will find that 9.3.5-P1 has the security issues patched and that 9.3.5-P2 has performance and stability fixes for P1. In other words you have a fix for the nasty, but you don't have the very latest fine tuning.

9.5.0-P2 and 9.5.0-P1 both exist and have a similar relationship, but you don't need them to address the security flaw that has everyone so excited.

--Jon Radel