On Sun, 17 Aug 2008 14:20:50 -0700
Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 20:17 +1000, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:46:04 -0700
> > Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > >   Anybody know what I'm not doing right and that the java app
> > >   fails to produce speech from one of the firefox "applets"?

{ please keep the ML in the TO or CC of your emails, so others can help :) )

> > Gary,
> > it would help if you said what are you doing , and what isn't happening, so
> > someone can say what are you doing, if anything, wrong.
> >
> > Just to try to make it a useful reply, you do have java support working on
> > your ffox, right?
> >
> Yes, I installed the required java suite;

and it is shown in about:plugins ?

for example, mine shows :

about:plugins

Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_03-p4-b00

    File name: libjavaplugin_oji.so
    Java(TM) Plug-in 1.6.0_03
[table follows showing all supported types ]

> I pulled down the speech deal,

I still don't know what is this speech deal you mention.

> then then I moused a few paragraphs and hit the Speech area, nada.

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"But I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing
things, by being lost in the mysterious  universe without having any purpose,
which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly.
 It doesn't frighten me."
   Richard Feynman

Warned.