Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 11:29:21 -0300 (ADT)
[Please fix the date on your computer]

Chris Bowlby wrote:
 Hi All,

 I'm attempting to do a make build world on my FreeBSD box, but I keep
getting this error each time:

 cc -O -pipe -g  -Wall -I.
-I/usr/src/usr.bin/colldef/../../lib/libc/locale -DCOLLATE_DEBUG
-D__FBSDID=__RCSID -c scan.c
/usr/src/usr.bin/colldef/scan.l:638: warning: `yyunput' defined but not
used
cc -O -pipe -g  -Wall -I. -I/usr/src/usr.bin/colldef/../../lib/libc/locale
-DCOLLATE_DEBUG    -D__FBSDID=__RCSID  -static -o colldef parse.o scan.o
-ll
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot find -ll
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src/usr.bin/colldef.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.

and as a result I can not complete the build... I've got yacc and bison
both installed and I think it's a lex related error, but I'm not 100%
certain of that...
You don't say when you last cvsupped or which branch you are trying to
build (4.7-STABLE? 5.0?)
Did you rm -r /usr/obj before starting this?
Does it fail in the same place every time?  If not, it's probably failing
hardware.
Sometimes, if you're very unlucky, you can cvsup just at the exact same
time that someone is in the middle of a big commit and get broken sources.
When that happens, you need to cvsup again to get the sources fixed.

 I have 7 other FreeBSD box's that work fine when doing a build world and
a quick comparison of them to this one failed to show anything
different... can someone point out what I might be missing?
Obviously, something's different.  Could be failing hardware.  make buildworld
has a way of pushing hardware to the limit and exposing stuff that's ready
to fail.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies