On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 16:43:23 -0700, Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       Guys,
>       Im looking at the kdmrc file but don't see anything wrong.

I'd like to look at your kdmrc file, too.

>       Any ideas where to llook next?

Except /etc/ttys, /etc/X11/xorg.conf and kdm's rc file?
Hnmmm... can't imagine something else at the moment.

>       PS: what is the startup for exec'ing gnome??

The display manager for Gnome is gdm (used similar to kdm),
the Gnome session is started via "exec gnome-session", if I
remember correctly.

I'm not a Gnome user (as I am not a KDE user), so forgive me
my answers of guessing. And I don't have one of them installed
so I can't check. They wouldn't run on my system anyway.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0