Gary Kline wrote:
>       Im looking at the kdmrc file but don't see anything wrong.
>       Any ideas where to llook next?

Hello,

i had recently a problem with kdm myself. Running kdm-bin under ktrace
i discovered it was a locking problem. Something changed about locks
in FreeBSD-Stable, and this killed some programs (tin, mutt, kdm, etc.)
who do locking. I recompiled tin,mutt, etc. but i did not want to
recompile kdebase, so i took a kdebase package from FreBSD-7.0-RELEASE
and extracted the kdm-bin out of here. It works on my FreeBSD-STABLE
box without problem.

--

Michel TALON