John Almberg wrote:
On Aug 12, 2008, at 4:22 PM, Josh Kidd wrote:

I just wanted to pose this question to the list on people's opinions as
to what the best SMTP Gateway program (ie. Sendmail, Postfix, etc) is
and what the best log analysis tool for that SMTP program is.

I use qmail. Its touted to be very secure, which was my #1 goal. Proving that is above my pay grade, but I can say I have had no problems, which is a big improvement over my last server which ran Linux and sendmail.

It also logs a lot of information about what it's doing, and has a bunch of command line tools to help you analyze it.

-- John

I love qmail also.. but didn't do well under heavy smtp load in my environment. I put qmail +vpopmail + qmailadmin +clamav+dovecot+spamassasin + assap +squirrelmail together. Exim is great if you can get past the asinine language of the config file. Postfix is also ok but never found a good virtual mail interface for it.