Christopher Joyner wrote:
> Ok I see, I understand that I am able to run i386 software on my amd64
> (Pentium D).
>
> Because of the error message i386 only, how do I make it install?
> Do I use a force switch?
> I am going to try some things after posting this.

"You didn't mention that you want to build a i386-only port.
The easiest way to circumvent that restriction is to down-
load the i386 package of that port and install it.

Whether you can make that work depends on what kind of port
it is.

If you tell us *what* software you're actualy trying to
install, we might be able to provide further assistance.

Best regards
   Oliver"

O.K. the software I want to install is wine.
Another one I want to install is zsnes or snes9x.
I have attempted to install it from source, and also the ports.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was wanting to install i386 only software on
my amd64 FreeBSD build.
Not run i386 code on amd64.

Here is details about my system:
I am using a PentiumD 2.6 in dual core mode.
I have a old old pci vga display.  (might upgrade very soon, expecting some new
hardware.)
A sblive sound card.

FreeBSD xxxxxxxx 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #1: Mon Aug 18 20:50:41 EDT
2008     xxxxxxxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/amdcustom  amd64

the xxxx is me marking out that information.