On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 02:26:10AM +0200, Martin Tournoij wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 04:43:23PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> >
> >     Guys,
> >
> >     Im looking at the kdmrc file but don't see anything wrong.
> >     Any ideas where to llook next?
> >
> >     gary
> >
> >     PS: what is the startup for exec'ing gnome??
>
> I can't see anything wrong with your kdmrc file either ... In fact, I can't
> see your kdmrc file at all ...
>
> You should really post more information, at the very least:
>
> o What exactly you are trying to accomplish.
> o Your kdmrc file.
> o What exactly isn't working.
> o The error message, if any (full, copied exactly).

        Well, I managed to capture the [f]printf'd message.  This was
        clearly to stdout, not stderr:

Updating KDM configuration
Information: reading current kdmrc /usr/local/share/config/kdm/kdmrc (from kde
>= 2.2.x)
Information: current kdmrc is from kde >= 3.1 (config version 2.3)

        This is with no /var/run/kdm.pid; if that file of zero-length
        inode entry is present, kdm yelps.  Either way, nothing happens.
        No entry into the KDE environment.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix