The attachment shows that DNS is unable to find the IP address.  This
appears to be a DNS resolver issue, not a network issue. Check /etc/ resolv.conf and make sure its correct. Then check the indicated DNS
servers using dig.

such a simple thing i didnit even think to check and it solved my problem, it would seem the static DNS entries in my router are being added into the resolv.conf file as nameservers and ironically as soon as i del those entries i had internet traffic restored.