Barry Byrne wrote:
Quoting "Steve Bertrand" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

 few passes over a few files.

To put it plainly, can anyone, if it's possible, provide a single line sed/awk pipeline that can:

- read email addresses from a file in the format:

user.name TAB domain.tld

- convert it to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- write it back to either a new file, the original file, or to STDOUT

Regards,

cat file.txt | ( while read user domain; do echo "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"; done )

Thanks, but I don't think I was overly clear in my OP.

- the domain needs to change from domain.tld to example.com

- the user.name needs to be modified to user_name

Steve