On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:18:26 +1000
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I realised I am not running ipfw my firewall is run from my Netggear router.
> So I imagine I would set the divert rule there? (If that is possible).
> So it would look like this
>
> Outside-> Modem -> Router (divert to 9999) -> tcpmssd on 9999

i doubt v much u can do that on the netgear... you actually want to push
traffic the other way around

{your process} -> {your net stack} -> divert tcp/9999 -> tcpmssd -> original
destination ...

whether your router will like that, i have no idea. we used to run shdsl with
the router in bridged mode....

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

He could be a poster child for retroactive birth control.

Warned.