On Aug 21, 2008, at 10:38 PM, Christopher Joyner wrote:

I am seeing two dhcp clients connected to my wireless router. Does that mean someone other then me is on it?

Do you have a Wii? Or maybe an iPhone or other similar device? Or a network printer? There is a fair chance that the other client is something that should be there that you've just forgotten about. However, there is also also a reasonable chance that it is a security breach if you are running an unsecured wireless network.

What I would recommend is that you probe the unknown device with something like nmap (available from ports security/nmap) with something like

  nmap -O -sV IP-ADDRESS-OF-MYSTERY-DEVICE

That should give you a fair amount of information about the device.

Cheers,

-j