On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 15:58, IAccounts wrote:
> > I went to my kernel to look at line 76 and this is where it put me
> > (using vi):
> >
> > (Cursor here)#Floppy Drives
> > device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
> > device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
> > device          fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
> >
> > I can't figure this out.  As there is not 0 in the "#Floppy Drives"
> > line.
>
> Post the few lines leading up to line 76. Many times, (I have noticed) a
> compiler will pooch on a line and give the line number of the following
> line.

I didn't see anything there, but take a look.

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
#options        SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor
Kernel
#options        APIC_IO                 # Symmetric (APIC) I/O

device          isa
device          eisa
device          pci

#Floppy Drives
device          fdc0    at isa? port IO_FD1 irq 6 drq 2
device          fd0     at fdc0 drive 0
device          fd1     at fdc0 drive 1
#
# If you have a Toshiba Libretto with its Y-E Data PCMCIA floppy,
# don't use the above line for fdc0 but the following one:
#device         fdc0

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device          ata0    at isa? port IO_WD1 irq 14
device          ata1    at isa? port IO_WD2 irq 15

Is it just me that finds this strange?  Thanks. Curt Micol