On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:05:02 -0500, Robe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm trying to change the default color for the directories using the
> following command to see them with purple color
>
> setenv LS_COLORS "di=01;35"
>
> but when I use the following command
>
> ls -G
>
> I still see the default color.
>
> What's wrong?

Try to put this into your /etc/csh.cshrc for global or ~/.cshrc for
local effect:

        setenv  LSCOLORS        ExGxdxdxCxDxDxBxBxegeg
        alias   ls              'ls -FG'
        alias   ll              'ls -laFG'

Read "man ls" for the colour description. Make sure your terminal
emulation supports color; xterm and cons25l1 do.

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0