cpghost wrote:
Hello,

I'm about to get an MSI K9A2GM-FIH mobo with an on-board Realtek
RTL8111C GigE adapter (I've picked that because the on-board Radeon HD
3200 RS780 chip seems supported by the radeon(4x) xorg driver).

Unfortunately, I (wrongly) assumed that the RTL8111C would be
supported by the rl(4) or re(4) driver, and noticed a bit too late
kern/123123.

So the question: has anyone with an RTL8111C actually tried the
patches from this PR on RELENG_7? All I need for now is 100Mbit/s
Ethernet with no frills (no offloading etc...), and I'd rather not
sacrifice one PCI slot for an extra NIC if at all possible.

Thanks,
-cpghost.

Hello,

I'm curious to know about this. I just put together a computer for my church which has this NIC built in. I've downloaded a driver which claims to be for FreeBSD 5. Has anyone here any experience with it, or would anyone know if it's reliable and works?

The web link is: http://driverscollection.com/?H=RTL8111C&By=RealTek&SS=FreeBSD%205

Andy